HOME SARATOV BALAKOVO VOLSK KHVALYNSK SITEMAP
Architecture
Industry
Buildings
Streets
Parks
Nature
Water spaces
People


Industry
Streets


 » 

SARATOV

Saratov was founded in 1590 as the strengthening of the Volga. The greatest flowering of the city accounts for silver Century Russia since the end of XIX century until 1914. At the end of XX century the city of Saratov was 4 in the current population of Russia, second only to Moscow, St. Petersburg and Odessa.

BALAKOVO

Founded in 1762 as the village of Old Believers who had returned from Poland on the river Balakovka on which it was named. By 1913, the village has dramatically expanded its borders several times raised his industry, and Balakovo was transformed into the city. Now Balakovo second largest city of Saratov region. Here are the giants of industry such as: Balakovo nuclear power plant, the Saratov hydroelectric power station, Plant chemical fertilizers, Balakovski rubber factory.

VOLSK

Volsk located on the right bank of the Volga (Volgograd Reservoir), 147 km northeast of Saratov. Founded in 1690 as a settlement Malykovka. In 1780, a settlement transformed the county town Volsk Saratov governor with the name Volgsk along the Volga river. In the mid- nineteenth century gradually transformed into Volsk. From 1797 Volsk part of the Saratov province.

KHVALYNSK

Located on the right bank of the Volga river, 232 km north-east of the city of Saratov. City Khvalynsk- the oldest city in the area. It was founded in 1556 as a Russian outpost on the Volga Island Pine. In 1606 the settlement was moved to the place of modern Khvalynsk and became the village of Pine Island. Since 1780 - county town Khvalynsk. Khvalynsk and its environs has been a center of Old Believers in Russia.

© 2010-2014 Photo Albums of Saratov Region